Monday, June 26, 2006

Whats the deal with the remote????

Okay, so I've been married for over four years now, and I still have yet to understand men's fascination with the remote control and channel flipping. Here's the scenario: I'm sitting on the couch, perfectly content watching a Friends re-run, when Joseph comes over and sits down. The show goes to a commercial, and he picks up the remote and just starts flipping channels. I mean, what good does it do to watch one minute of four different shows during the commercial break??? And why do men think its okay just to take over the remote any time they want to??? And it's not just Joseph, I remember watching shows with my brother and he would do the same thing. And when you tell them to put it back on your show, that you don't want to miss anything, they flip it back like, "HA! I knew the show wasn't back on yet," then they continue flipping channels. So usually I just end up getting up to do something else (that I should probably be doing anyway) and let Joseph watch five different shows all at once, each one during the commercial break of another one. So if any male would like to help me understand, please do...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I think we can all relate! Wade also likes to say, "Are you really going to watch this?" if I have the remote, so it's easier to just let him have it.

Also, Tyler is so cute, who cares what they say about his head?