The scene: my car on the way to grandma's house
Tyler: Mommy, Madison has her feet on the back of the seat
Me: Tyler, are you tattling?
Tyler: No.
Me: Well, is Madison getting hurt or doing something that could hurt her?
Tyler: No.
Me: So then you're tattling. Stop tattling.
Tyler: No I'm not
Me: Yes you are Tyler, nobody likes it when you tattle. Please stop tattling.
Tyler: Hmmph.
(silence)
Tyler: I'm getting tired of this.
Me: Tired of what.
Tyler: You telling me to stop tattling.
HAHA. The things they put together and say.
Then in the car on the way home:
Madison: blah, blah, tyler opens the door, blah, blah, my turn, blah, blah, tyler's turn, blah, blah (you get the idea)
Me: (listening to the radio)
Madison: Mommy, I talking. MOMMY, I TALKING.
Me: Oh yes, sweetie, I'm listening.
I guess I was supposed to be responding to something she was saying. I'm just so used to just listening to them talk as background noise b/c rarely their talking to me in the car. LOL.
1 comment:
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know, there is a great book called “Lulu Learns to Stop Tattling” at www.lululearns.com, that does wonders with helping create peace and quiet at home. The method teaches kids how to work simple problems out between themselves, which helps raise their confidence and self-esteem, while making you a happier Mom.
Best to you,
Pam
Post a Comment